Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Craighead County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

Arkansas crime statistics are compiled and disseminated by the Division of Crime Information of the Arkansas Department of Public Safety (DPS) through its Crime Information Center as part of the state’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program. For the year 2018, Craighead County recorded a total of 4,276 index crimes. Violent crimes accounted for 489 reports including 4 homicides, 374 aggravated assaults, 49 rapes, and 62 robberies. Reports of property crimes numbered 3,787 comprising 1,334 burglaries, 2,233 larceny-thefts, 207 motor vehicle thefts, and 13 arsons.

A quick comparison of crime data for Craighead County between 2018 and 2014 shows a decline of 11.9% in total index crime reports. Total reports of property crimes fell by 14.7% but total reports of violent crimes rose by 18.1%. A closer analysis of the trend showed reductions in homicide (-77.8%), robbery (3.1%), and larceny-theft (-36.2%) rates, while rape (+8.9%), aggravated assault (+30.3%), burglary (+60.7%), motor vehicle theft (+107%), and arson (+18.2%) rates went up.

Criminal Records

The Identification Bureau of the Arkansas State Police (ASP) maintains criminal history information for persons in the State of Arkansas and provides this information on request. Arkansas law directs the ASP to provide criminal history information to any person who makes a proper request and pays all the required fees, without requiring the written consent of the subject of the record. Access to criminal history information provided by the ASP for this manner of requests is limited compared to the access available to authorized requesters and law enforcement agencies. Information about the criminal history of persons in Craighead County can be accessed online or requested by mail, and there are two forms of online access for criminal history checks provided by the ASP.

The Arkansas Criminal History (ARCH) system was developed by the ASP to facilitate access to criminal history information for the general public. Each record search costs $24. If a single subject record is identified from the information provided by the requester, then the located record can be viewed and printed. If a record search yields several possible matches then there is an extra $24 fee charged for every other record (after the first record) that is viewed regardless of the contents of the results.

Employers, persons authorized by law, professional licensing bodies, and persons who have consent can submit criminal information history requests using the Arkansas State Police Criminal Background Check System. This service is only available to authorized entities as stipulated by Arkansas statutes. Users of this service must register with the ASP and, upon approval, will be provided access to the electronic internet service of the Information Network of Arkansas (INA). The INA provides electronic access to statewide criminal information history. Users are required to provide written and signed releases from the subjects of criminal history checks. Note that such releases are maintained in users’ files for 3 years.

The information available to non-law enforcement users will typically be limited to information about pending Arkansas felony arrests, misdemeanor and felony convictions, and sex offender status. The fee for this service is $22 per request, but employers who are required by law to perform criminal history checks are charged $20. The INA requires an annual $75 fee to use its service but this is waived for state agencies and educational institutions.

To conduct a criminal history information check by mail, the requester must be the subject on the record or have consent from the subject. The requester will complete the state police form ASP-122 and if the requestor is different from the subject, the subject must provide consent and the form must be notarized. Alternatively, the subject of the record can complete the form and have it sent directly to the party who requires it. Results of processed requests are sent to the person authorized on the form to receive them.

Submit the completed form, a check or money order for the $25 fee (per record), and a stamped addressed envelope to:

Arkansas State Police
Identification Bureau
1 State Police Plaza Drive
Little Rock, AR 72209

Arkansas State Police is tasked with the storage of statewide motor vehicle crash investigation records and these are available to any member of the public who makes a proper request and pays the applicable fees. A proper request will include the date of the crash, the highway number, the county where the crash occurred, and at least one driver's name. There is a fee of $10 to obtain copies of crash reports from the ASP.

Complete the Crash Report Request form and submit requests for copies of records to:

Arkansas State Police
ATTN: Crash Records Section
1 State Police Plaza Drive
Little Rock, AR 72209
(501) 618-8000

Copies of crash reports for Craighead County can also be obtained from:

Troop C Headquarters
2216 Brown Lane Access Road
Jonesboro, AR 72403
(870) 935-7302

The ASP also provides online access to obtain copies of crash reports on the State Police website.

Police accident and incident reports for Craighead County can be obtained from any of the local police departments in the areas where the accidents and incidents occurred. Typically an accident report costs $10 to obtain upon request, while incident reports are available at no charge as they are covered by the Arkansas FOIA. Contact the appropriate police department to request for police reports.

The Arkansas state sex offender registry is maintained by the Division of Crime Information of the Arkansas Department of Public Safety (DPS) through its Crime Information Center. Members of the public can gain access to available information on registered sex offenders in their communities by searching the online Sex Offenders Registry.

The Craighead County Sheriff’s Office also provides information about sex offenders registered in Craighead County on its official website.

The Craighead County Detention Center is the only correctional facility located in Craighead County and it is run by the Sheriff’s Office. It is designated as an adult correctional facility and also has a Juvenile Detention Center. It is located at 901 Willett Road, Jonesboro, AR 72401. The facility’s contact numbers are (870) 933-7719 for its booking department and (870) 933-4556 for the automated service.

Use any of the commissary kiosks located in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office to make deposits into an inmate’s commissary account. Deposits and other service requests can also be made online from the website of Tiger Correctional Services.

Court Records

Courts in the Arkansas trial court system are either Circuit Courts or District Courts. District Courts can either be State District Courts or Local District Courts. Circuit Courts have general jurisdiction over all criminal cases and all civil cases for claims over $100, but they typically only hear cases beyond the limited jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts share jurisdiction for civil claims up to $25,000 with the State District Court and civil claims up to $5,000 with the Local District Court.

District Courts have limited jurisdiction over civil and criminal cases and exclusive jurisdiction over civil claims involving up to $100 and ordinance violations.

Craighead County has dual county seats established by law: the western district and the eastern district. There are two Circuit Courts and two District Courts located in Craighead County. These are:

Craighead County Circuit Court (Western District)
511 S. Main Street
Room 200
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: (870) 933-4530
Fax: (870) 933-4534

Craighead County Circuit Court (Eastern District)
107 Cobean Blvd.
P.O. Box 537
Lake City, AR 72437
Phone: (870) 237-4342
Fax: (870) 237-8172

Craighead County District Court (Western District)
410 W. Washington Street
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: (870) 933-4508
Fax: (870) 933-4582

Craighead County District Court (Eastern District)
107 Cobean Blvd.
P.O. Box 537
Lake City, AR 72437
Phone: (870) 237-4142
Fax: (870) 237-8174

Court records for Craighead County are available online via the Public Court Connect portal of the Arkansas State Judicial website. Anyone can search for court records for Craighead County using the available search options. Craighead County court records can also be obtained by contacting the Clerk of the Court with custody over the records. Contact the Office of the Clerk in person or by phone.

Property and land records for Craighead County are also maintained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court. Contact the Clerk of the Court for information about lands and properties in Craighead County.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

Request for copies of a decree for a divorce finalized in Craighead County from the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court. Certified copies of divorce records are only available on request to eligible persons, which are:

  • Persons named on the records
  • Parents and legal guardians of persons named on the records
  • Other family members such as adult children, grandchildren, and maternal grandparents
  • Representatives with written and notarized authorizations

The Clerk of the Court charges 25 cents per page to make copies of records. Submit requests for copies of divorce records in Craighead County to:

Clerk of the Circuit Court
Craighead County
511 S. Main Street
Room 200
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 933-4520

Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays, except on state holidays.

Request and obtain copies of divorce coupons from the Vital Records Section of the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) through the Craighead County local public health unit. The ADH retains records of divorces from 1923 to the present.

Order copies of certified Craighead County marriage licenses from the Office of the Craighead County Clerk. The County Clerk who issued the marriage license also receives it after the marriage has been solemnized, issues the original certificate to the married couple, retains a copy for the county, and sends coupon information to the ADH. Certified marriage records can only be received by persons named on the record, their parents, legal guardians, children, grandchildren, and maternal grandparents. To obtain certified copies of a Craighead County marriage certificate, submit a request in person or by mail to:

Clerk of the County
Craighead County
511 S. Main Street
Room 202
Jonesboro, AR 72401
(870) 933-4520

Certified copies of marriage certificates cost $10 per copy and valid IDs must be produced when submitting requests.

Request and obtain copies of marriage coupons from the Vital Records Section of the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) through the Craighead County local public health unit. The ADH maintains marriage coupons dating back to 1923.

Birth and death records for Craighead County are available from the Arkansas Department of Health. Birth record copies cost $12 each and death record copies are $10 each. Additional copies of either record cost $10 each. Checks and money orders are the preferred forms of payments and should be made out to the Arkansas Department of Health. Certified copies of both records are only available to the individual named on the records, their parents, adult children and grandchildren, legal guardians, and maternal grandparents.

Craighead County death certificates are also available to funeral homes and beneficiaries of the estates of the deceased. Make requests for copies of birth and death certificates by submitting the appropriate forms, copies of valid ID, and payments for applicable fees to the ADH or the Craighead County public health unit located at:

611 E. Washington Avenue
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: (870) 933-4585
Fax: (870) 933-6416

The ADH maintains all birth and death records from February 1914 to the present. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on all other days, except for state holidays.